Massachusetts Veterans' Service Officers Association Inc.

What is Chapter 115 Benefits:

Under Chapter 115 of Massachusetts General Laws (M.G.L. ch. 115), the Commonwealth provides a uniform program of financial and medical assistance for indigent veterans and their dependents. Qualifying veterans and their dependents receive necessary financial assistance for food, shelter, clothing, fuel, and medical care in accordance with a formula which takes into account the number of dependents and income from all sources.

Eligible dependents of deceased veterans are provided with the same benefits as if the veteran were still living.

How to apply: For applications, contact the local Veterans’ Service Officer (VSO) in the city or town where the veteran lives.

To find a VSO: Call the local City or Town Hall and ask for Veterans’ Services;
Call the Massachusetts Department of Veterans’ Services, 617-210-5480, and ask for the VSO name and contact information;
Visit the DVS website at to search by municipality;